Direct Debit Request Service Agreement
ahm Health Insurance issues this Direct Debit Request (DDR) Service Agreement.
For the purposes of this agreement, our ‘Direct Debit’ authority is considered the same as a Direct Debit Request.
You should direct all enquiries about your Direct Debit to ahm Health Insurance.
Our commitment to you
- ahm Health Insurance will give you at least 14 days notice in writing if there are changes to the terms of the drawing arrangements.
- We will keep information relating to your nominated financial institution account confidential except where required for the purposes of conducting direct debits with your financial institution.
- Where the due date is not a business day, ahm Health Insurance will draw from your nominated account on the nearest business day.
- ahm Health Insurance will at all times attempt to meet the scheduled drawing date as arranged with you.
Your commitment to us
- To ensure that your nominated account has sufficient funds to meet the debit on your nominated date.
- To ensure that your nominated account can accept direct debits. If you are unsure, please check with your financial institution.
- To advise ahm Health Insurance if the nominated account is transferred or closed, or the account details change.
- To arrange another payment method if ahm Health Insurance cancels the drawing arrangements.
- To ensure that the Direct Debit Request is signed in accordance with the account signatory arrangements in place with your financial institution.
- Subject to the Terms and Conditions of your ahm Health Insurance policy or account with us, you may alter the drawing arrangements in writing. Such written advice must be received by ahm Health Insurance at least 7 working days before the next draw date for any of the following:
- stopping an individual drawing
- deferring a drawing
- altering the DDR schedule in any way
- cancelling the drawings completely, or you may direct your cancellation request to your financial institution.
- Subject to the Terms and Conditions of your ahm Health Insurance policy or account with us, you may alter the drawing arrangements by telephone. Alterations to Direct Debit information can be made by verbal agreement between ahm Health Insurance and the member no less than 3 working days before the next draw date. ahm Health Insurance will send you written correspondence to confirm the alterations.
- Where you consider that a drawing has been initiated incorrectly, you should contact ahm Health Insurance as soon as possible. Where you are not happy with the response, you can issue a formal complaint with the envelope marked ‘Notice of Complaint’ to: ahm health insurance, Locked Bag 4, Wetherill Park NSW 2164. You may direct your dispute enquiries to your financial institution.
- The details of your drawing arrangements are contained in the DDR schedule.
- ahm Health Insurance reserves the right to ask that instructions from a member to stop or in any way alter the drawing details is given to ahm Health Insurance in writing.
- ahm Health Insurance reserves the right to cancel your drawing arrangement if drawings are dishonoured by your financial institution, and to ask you to arrange an alternative payment method. If there are insufficient clear funds in your account to meet a debit payment you may be charged a fee and/or interest by your financial institution.
- Your drawing arrangements are also governed by the terms and conditions of your ahm Health Insurance policy or account with us.